Each year, the last week of June is declared National Mosquito Control Awareness Week by the American Mosquito Control Association. AMCA's "MosquitoWeek" educates the general public about the significance of mosquitoes in their daily lives and the important service provided by the mosquito control workers throughout the United States and worldwide.
Here Are a Few Ideas on How You Can Get The Word Out:
- Distribute a press release.
- Contact your local radio station and offer to be a guest expert.
- Contact your local elementary school and offer to talk about mosquitoes.
- Contact your local girl scout or boy scout troop and offer to teach about mosquitoes.
- Set up an informational display in your community.
- Hold an open house at your district.
- Set up a tire drive.
- Distribute repellent packets in your community.