The FBI Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) Directorate and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are pleased to announce the 2017-2018 schedule for their Joint Criminal-Epidemiological (Crim-Epi) Investigations Workshops.
Register now: https://www.train.org/main/course/1075051/live_event (search for FBI-CDC)
This 2-day workshop utilizes classroom presentations, breakout group sessions, and a tabletop exercise to promote the Crim-Epi Model for conducting joint investigations during a suspicious biological incident.
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and authorities of law enforcement and public health during a suspicious biological incident
- Identify assets and capabilities for law enforcement and public health
- Learn the benefits and challenges of information sharing between law enforcement and public health and determine potential solutions that may be adapted to meet the needs of both disciplines
- Discuss best practices for:
- Conducting a joint threat assessment
- Developing a joint investigations protocol
- Conducting a joint patient interview
- Foster working relationships between law enforcement and public health